Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Part 4 Project 1 Ex 2 Form with fabric

Emphasising form with fabric

I have to to draw a seated figure paying attention to the way the clothing moulds around and covers the body.  The instructions say that the head, hands and feet should be just indicated.  I was a bit apprehensive about this as I'd found the  previous exercise hard going.

My husband promised me he could sit still for long enough - I told him half an hour.  It took a little longer than that but this is what I drew:

Richard with his Kindle

I'm much happier with this than I was with the towels in the last exercise. Although I used graphite I managed to get the shading better and used plenty of tone. I think the figure looks solid and the perspective is OK.  Perhaps the right leg is a bit iffy but generally I'm pleased.   By and large the clothing seems to give form to the body and I have managed to keep things in proportion.

I found that if I made curved marks (sort of round the body) I could achieve some shape.


1 comment:

  1. I think you've done a great job here. There is definitely a drape to the clothes.

    ReplyDelete