Search This Blog

Monday 22 September 2014

Project 3 Ex 2

For this exercise I have to find a natural object with texture.  I have to select a "non expressive" tool and using a continuous line try to capture the texture.  I found a piece of branch from a salix contorta in the garden and parts of it were covered beautiful lichen.  

I gave careful thought to how to show the differing textures.  I used irregular wandering lines for the lichen and rounded, lines for the bare branch.  I've made it round to try to get some shape.


Bare branch

Lichen


Salix contorta with lichen - 0.7 drawing pen


I found this very difficult and had several tries.  Once again I was unsure whether or not to lightly draw an outline to work within but when I did it was so obvious I hated it.  This one was done freely and is the best of the three I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment