Search This Blog

Friday 10 July 2015

Printing


I wanted to try printing after a long absence.  I've not done much before but I've enjoyed it.  My previous experience has been with fabrics so I thought I'd try some batik dye mixed with manutex as a thickener.  It was a bit too squishy and went all over the place.  I found I was wanting my screen printing gear out but that's another course!

Having said that there are some attractive parts of what I did.

I used heuchera leaves because I love the shape



Printing with manutex

Printing with manutex



Detail
Detail


I need to try this again probably with extra thickener.


I already had my printing ink out so I decided to try that.  The ink is ancient and the really hot weather didn't help; it just dried so quickly on my glass.  I resorted to spraying it with water which made it a little better but I am not happy with what I did and need to return to it on a cooler day.  I think I need to choose my material more carefully as well.





I'm quite enjoying playing around in this unusual way in my garden but I need to ask myself where I'm going.

1 comment:

  1. Love what you got with the heuchera leaves and the printing ink piece has great texture.

    ReplyDelete