Search This Blog

Monday 31 August 2015

My assessment selection


I began Drawing 1 knowing that I was embarking on a significant amount of learning and skills development.  In my selection for assessment I have shown that my anticipation was well founded and there has been a steady improvement in my work as my skills, knowledge and confidence have increased.  I have chosen a wide a range of work to demonstrate the extent of my progress.

I have used my immediate environment and that is the thread running through my submission.

I have a natural inquisitiveness and it shows in my assessment pieces. An example is my Part 1 selections where I tried to develop a freer way of working.  Experimentation is most apparent in Part 5 where I pursue ideas from earlier in the course but push harder.

I have embraced  resources new to me and experimented with wax, charcoal and a variety of paper just to see what happens.  I have included work that demonstrates the variety of materials and techniques I have taken advantage of.

Part 5 shows me pushing the boundaries of inexperience, celebrating challenge and being surprising. My work constantly evolves throughout the development of the piece.  There is a clear indication in Part 5 that I am a Textiles student and I can see exciting ways to develop this work.


No comments:

Post a Comment